Redax Enterprise Server
Produced by Appligent Document Solutions
The software may be integrated into any PDF document workflow with or without the Redax plugin for Adobe Acrobat.
Automated Markup Features
- Enhanced markup of words and phrases with the Adobe PDF Library-powered WordFinder NEW in 3.0
- New advanced patterns for marking social security numbers (SSN), zip codes, international postal codes, US and international phone numbers, credit-cards,
- New Regular Expressions support allowing you to define your own custom pattern searches NEW in 3.0
- Mark for redaction using Redax boxes, bracketed text, Acrobat highlighting, underlining, strikethroughs or via plain-text parameters files
- Full-page and multi-page redaction, including optional page consolidation
- Redact similarly formatted documents by applying templates to specific areas of the page
- Use standard government exemption codes or create your own
Redaction Processing Features
- Re-powered with the Adobe PDF Library, RES is now more reliable than ever! NEW in 3.0
- All-new Redaction Engine NEW in 3.0!
- Automated processing of manual or automatically-generated markup
- Automatically protects the original document
- Appearance of redacted areas is fully customizable
- Optionally places exemption codes at the bottom of the page
- Automatic removal of document metadata
- Optional removal of document annotations
- Create different redacted documents from the same marked-up document based on categories
- Generate text reports for use in a spreadsheet or other software
- Includes RedaxESconfig, an administrative utility for standardizing redaction operations in both client-server and server-only implementations
- Export and import redaction markup with RESxml for analysis and integration with document management and Natural Language Processing (NLP) systems
- May be integrated into new or existing workflows using the Redax plug-in for Adobe Acrobat for a complete client-server redaction solution
- May be utilized within appending, stamping or other electronic document workflows using other Appligent Document Solutions Server products
- May be utilized as part of a declassification process
- Call from any programming or scripting language including (but not limited to) Perl, PHP, Java, C++, ASP & .NET, Visual Basic, Cold Fusion and Lotus Notes
- Supports PDF 1.0 and above for maximum backwards compatibility
- No limit on concurrent users or connections
- No limit on the number of documents processed
- No limit on threads - run as many instances as you want
The simplest way to run Redax Enterprise Server is through the watched folders functionality.
The RedaxESconfig application creates an XML parameter file used by Redax Enterprise Server to configure properties for the watched folders. These folders can be mapped network drives; providing "drag and drop" simplicity for any user.
Integrators may choose to dynamically generate XML parameter files from Perl, Java, PHP, VBScript, or any shell script, or operate Redax Enterprise Server via scripts for multistage or multicore processing.