Create tagged, accessible PDFs
axaio MadeToTag is an Adobe InDesign CS6 to CC plug-in to properly prepare InDesign documents for export as accessible, tagged PDF file – much more easier, faster and more reliable. The tagged PDF complies with the terms of the PDF/UA standard, the international standard for universally accessible PDF. PDF/UA is important to all organizations and companies delivering documents, which have to be conform to regulations requiring accessible electronic content including WCAG 2.0, Section 508 in the US, Canada’s Common Look and Feel standard, Britain’s BS 8878, and others.
The MadeToTag UI is based on a seven step guide (Link: https://www.axaio.com/doku.php/en:support:tutorials:madetotag_tagged_pdf_in_7_steps), which will lead you safely and intuitively through the tasks, to generate the tagged PDF file, without missing any important step.
Tagged PDFs are essential for accessibility, so that screen reader devices for visually impaired people or reading software for users with learning disabilities can provide rich access to a PDF’s content. Tagged PDFs also enable screen reader software programs to offer easy navigation and accessible presentation of content in PDF files.
Fields of application
Properly tagged PDF files are highly relevant in the public sector, but are also gaining more and more relevance in various companies. Legal requirements for physically impaired people and for accessibility in the information technology (such as described in the German BGG, BITV and EU mandate 376) impose that the public sector offers all content – webpages as well as PDF documents – in an accessible form. But also media service providers, representatives of associations and institutions as well as students and lecturers at colleges and unversities increasingly consider it their duty to have their written materials available as accessible documents. – Nothing simpler than that – with MadeToTag.
On top of that, PDF tags are an effective method to improve your company’s Search Engine Optimization. The tags in the PDF file follow concepts similar to those found in HTML. Properly used tags place websites higher in the search engine rankings.
- Supports Adobe InDesign CS6 – CC
- For Windows and Mac
- The product is available in multiple languages
You will find the MadeToTag product brochure on our website: https://www.axaio.com/lib/exe/fetch.php/en:flyer_madetotag_en-web.pdf
- Define export tags for document styles
- Practical color highlight check of the export tags
- Structure content using articles
- Correct tagging of lists, links and table of content
- Provide alternate text for images and graphics
- Easy tagging of complex tables by table rows and columns
- Allocation of languages used in the document for an enhanced language output
- Repair features for common problems as incorrectly defined lists, empty paragraphs; etc.
- Reliable processing of tags included in anchored frame, i.e. titles and lists
- Comfortable handling of interactive form fields
- Control document metadata
- Check for insufficient color contrast
- Export of complete InDesign books as tagged PDF
- Keyboard shortcuts for quickest MadeToTag operation
- Tagging preview to intuitively and quickly check tagging quality based on callas pdfGoHTML
- Reliable and intuitive user interface flow
- Export as tagged PDF based on the PDF/UA Standard (accessible PDF)
- Export as PDF/UA-2a for longterm archiving with tagged content Benefits
- Correct, fast generation of tagged, accessible PDFs from within Adobe InDesign CS6 to CC
- Reliable results through built-in control checks
- Allows reliable and comprehensive tagging of contents in a short amount of time
- Observance of PDF/UA relevant document elements for accessible PDF generation
- Accessible PDF documents in only seven steps
- Easy and intuitive user interface
- Provides support for legal requirements for physically impaired people and for accessibility in information technology (such as described in the German BGG, BITV and EU Mandate 376)