PDF/A is an ISO standard for using the PDF format for long-term archiving of digital documents. Since its publication in 2005, PDF/A has become the format of choice for archiving digital documents in a wide range of industries and applications. “PDF/A in a Nutshell 2.0” provides a comprehensive introduction to the material and shows off the latest developments available with PDF/A-2 and PDF/A-3. The brochure provides information about PDF/A tools and strategies for creating and validating PDF/A files. Examples from around the world demonstrate how users in the areas of finance, administration, academia and law can benefit from PDF/A.
- PDF/A – the ISO standard for long-term archiving
- PDF/A facts – an introduction to the standard
- A short history of PDF/A
- The technical side of the PDF/A standard
- The most important reasons to use PDF/A
- Typical uses for PDF/A
- PDF/A creation tools
- Validation: Is it really PDF/A?
- PDF/A in public administration
- PDF/A in finance and industry
- PDF/A in legislation and justice
- What the users and experts say
- PDF/A and the other PDF standards
- The myths and legends surrounding PDF/A
- Further information on PDF/A