The PDF Association has created six new interest groups on LinkedIn, the professional’s networking site.
These groups are:
- About PDF/A (archive)
- About PDF/UA (accessibility)
- About PDF/VT (variable data and transactional printing)
- About PDF/E (engineering)
- About PDF/X (pre-press file exchange)
- Implementing ISO 32000 (PDF 1.7 & PDF 2.0)
The idea, broadly, is that end-users, customers and other interested parties may start discussions, ask questions and (hopefully) receive replies. Members of the PDF Association should feel free to advertise the existence of these groups to your own LinkedIn connections, or via other social media, newsletters, and so on.
Promotional materials may be posted on the Promotions tab, but the Discussions tab will be moderated to ensure that informative rather than commercial content prevails in that particular venue.