PDF/A Competence Center
Welcome to the homepage of the PDF/A Competence Center, where numerous world-leading companies and experts in PDF technology exchange information and experience about long-term archiving in accordance with ISO 19005: PDF/A. If you have questions or concerns about physical or electronic document archiving, you’ve come to the right place.
- Guaranteed Access to Content: PDF/A ensures that documents may be reproduced in the unforeseeable future.
- All Documents Accepted: Electronic or paper source; it doesn’t matter. Almost any document can become PDF/A-compliant.
- An International Standard: ISO 19005 (PDF/A) is managed by the international community in an open and democratic process.
- Conformance May Be Validated: PDF/A conformance imposes stringent technical requirements. A wide variety of vendors produce tools for checking and correcting documents to ensure they meet PDF/A standards.
- Better for Business and the Environment: PDF/A is electronic paper. As such, PDF/A enables better document workflows, reduces waste and carbon emissions and improves overall efficiency.
The PDF/A Competence Center is increasingly active in the social networking space. Please join any of our groups or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Xing.