PDF/A Competence Center
Welcome to the homepage of the PDF/A Competence Center, where numerous world-leading companies and experts in PDF technology exchange information and experience about long-term archiving in accordance with ISO 19005: PDF/A. If you have questions or concerns about physical or electronic document archiving, you’ve come to the right place.
- Guaranteed access to content: PDF/A ensures that documents may be reproduced in the unforeseeable future.
- All documents accepted: Electronic or paper source; it doesn’t matter. Almost any document can become PDF/A-compliant.
- An International Standard: ISO 19005 (PDF/A) is managed by the international community in an open and democratic process.
- Conformance may be validated: PDF/A conformance imposes stringent technical requirements. A wide variety of vendors produce tools for checking and correcting documents to ensure they meet PDF/A standards.
- Better for business and the environment: PDF/A is electronic paper. As such, PDF/A enables better document workflows, reduces waste and carbon emissions and improves overall efficiency.
The PDF/A Technical Working Group (TWG) is a collaborative organization of PDF software developers who use the TWG’s resources to share their knowledge and experience of PDF/A technology in a vendor-neutral space.
Members of the PDF Association are entitled to participate in online and in-person PDF/A TWG meetings, subscribe to the PDF/A TWG listserv, access the PDF Association’s Jira, and gain other benefits as well. Review the options for membership, or get in touch with PDF Association Executive Director Duff Johnson to learn more!