The latest version of veraPDF is now available for download. As mentioned in the previous release, the veraPDF documentation site is now in beta – feedback is requested! This site provides installation and user guides to help users get started with veraPDF.
Fixes and enhancements in this release
- changed default feature generation to document level features;
- added a new GUI dialog for managing feature generation options;
- added a user-friendly Java OutOfMemoryError with suggestions for reconfiguration;
- CLI can now overwrite report files;
- added help message when CLI processes STDIN stream; and
- synchronized the Web demo validation report with the CLI and GUI report styles.
Conformance checker fixes
- removed the rules for validating file provenance information;
- fixed an issue with structure type mapping in Level A validation; and
- implemented resource caching for memory optimization.
- Per discussions in the PDF Validation TWG, converted all ‘fail’ test cases on file provenance information to ‘pass’ tests.
Download veraPDF 0.22
Call for testing
Please support our efforts by downloading and testing the software. If you encounter problems or would like to suggest improvements, please add them to the project’s GitHub issue tracker (https://github.com/veraPDF/veraPDF-library/issues).
Your feedback is very important as it helps us to improve the software.
Keep up to date with the latest developments by subscribing to the veraPDF consortium’s newsletter: http://verapdf.org/subscribe/.
- 22 September, veraPDF webinar http://verapdf.org/2016/08/31/preforma-webinar-series-september-2016/
- 5 October, iPRES workshop
- 23 November, PREFORMA Experience workshop, Berlin http://experienceworkshop.preforma-project.eu/
- 25 November, veraPDF will be discussed at PDF Day Australia!
Source Link: verapdf.org