Produced by Global Graphics
Do you need to build fast, scalable rendering solutions for your print workflow? Then you need the Harlequin Core.
The Harlequin Core is a Raster Image Processor, or RIP. A RIP is a tool for converting a page description language such as PostScript® or PDF into a format that a printing device such as an inkjet print-head, toner marking engine or laser plate-setter can understand. The format that it outputs may be a raster file format such as TIFF™, or it may be a stream of raster data that is delivered more or less directly to the printing device. The exact format delivered may be tuned for each integration.
ACCURATE AND RELIABLE ACROSS A RANGE OF APPLICATIONS
The Harlequin Core was developed specifically for driving production print devices quickly and efficiently. It's perfect for a wide range of print sectors, from complex coding and marking, through transactional, transpromo and direct mail, to general commercial print, publication, and books, to labels and packaging, to industrial and functional print (for example décor, textiles, ceramics, printed electronics and product decoration). It includes native interpretation of PostScript, EPS, DCS, XPS, JPEG, BMP and TIFF as well as PDF (including PDF 2.0), PDF/X and PDF/VT, so whatever workflows your target market uses, it gives accurate and predictable image output time after time. Harlequin’s faithful implementation of PDF rendering means that it handles files from a wide range of creation workflows effortlessly, including Adobe® Creative Cloud® (Illustrator®, InDesign®, Photoshop®), Adobe Acrobat® DC, Esko and Hybrid Software’s PACKZ.
Harlequin Core is designed to be integrated by pre-press and digital print OEMs into their pre-press workflows or Digital Front Ends (DFEs).
Your DFE will cost you less:
• The fastest RIP engine available, Harlequin requires less hardware
• It’s available on Linux, as well as Windows, so you can reduce licensing costs
• There are no excessive RAM requirements and no need for any special hardware
Quick to market
• The simple API makes it easy to integrate. Your new solution can be up and running within weeks
Consistent, high-quality output
• The Harlequin Core produces high-quality output time after time. It renders a wide variety of files correctly, including native PDF, PostScript®, EPS, DCS, XPS, TIFF™, JPEG, PNG, BMP, PDF/X, PDF/VT, all through one rendering engine for greater control and consistency. You can use the same color management and halftone screening controls for all inputs.
Ideal for presses for packaging and label and for industrial print
• Obviously Harlequin handles spot colors effortlessly, but it also includes special features such as exporting technical and structural contours, support for PDF Processing Steps (ISO 19593-1), overriding overprint for white and varnish, brand color matching, and screening options for flexo, offset and digital production
• With lots of configurations possible you can drive any number of digital presses
Much more than just a renderer
• Powerful production options are available to enhance your output quality such as Harlequin ColorPro™ color management, screening options and font emulation
• Harlequin was first used in a production system in 1988. Successive generations later it is now at the heart of digital presses from HP Indigo, HP PageWide, Roland, Durst, Canon and Memjet to name but a few.