veraPDF 1.8 ships
The latest release of veraPDF, the industry-supported PDF/A validator, is now available for download.
Changes since the last release
- Fixed PostScript-specific issues in pasting embedded CMaps, ToUnicode maps and PostScript Type1 fonts;
- Implemented protection against (invalid) loops in PDF tree structures;
- Fixed parsing of CIDSet and CharSet, and their comparison with the glyph collection in the embedded font subset (PDF/A-2 and PDF/A-3);
- Implemented support for the CalCMYK colour space as specified in ISO 32000-1
- Fixed initialization and inheritance of graphics state for tiling patterns, Type3 fonts and form XObjects.
- Implemented check for glyph width consistence in case of Type3 fonts;
- Implemented check for the Private Unicode Area use in Level A conformance;
- Implemented validation of transfer functions in Halftone dictionaries (PDF/A-2 and PDF/A-3);
- Added validation of MIME-type value for embedded files (PDF/A-3);
- Refactored the validation model to check for presence of certain keys, even if they refer to empty arrays/collections;
- Fixed misspelled predefined CMap names for GBK2K-H and GBK2K-V;
- Fixed validation of UTF8 encoding for role map names (PDF/A-2 and PDF/A-3)
- Fixed detection of references to Associated files from marked content sequences (PDF/A-3)
Feature report generation and policy checker
Added new features to reports:
- PDF version
- Form-field names and values
- Page labels
- Implemented automatic configuration of veraPDF feature report by a custom Policy profile
- Implemented workaround for the veraPDF GUI appearance on high resolution screens
- Fixed problems with spaces if full JRE path used on Windows
- Fixed problems with spaces in the installer path.
- Implemented automatic generation of PREFORMA test reports
- Greenfield and PDFBox versions are now built and packaged from a single branch
- Fixed veraPDF test files to comply with TechNote 0010
- Fixed outlines Count value to comply with ISO 32000-1
Other fixes and improvements are documented in the release notes: https://github.com/veraPDF/veraPDF-library/releases/latest
Help improve veraPDF
Testing and user feedback is key to improving the software! Please be sure you are using the latest release.
If you experience problems, or wish to suggest improvements, please add them to the project’s GitHub issue tracker: https://github.com/veraPDF/veraPDF-library/issues or contact us through our mailing list: http://lists.verapdf.org/listinfo/users.
User guides and documentation are published at: http://docs.verapdf.org/.
PREFORMA International Conference
To learn out more about the PREFORMA project that funded development of veraPDF, join us 11-12 October 2017 in Tallinn for PREFORMA’s International Conference.