veraPDF 1.6 released
The latest release of veraPDF, the industry-supported PDF/A validator, is available to download.
Changes since the last release
Check for updated software
- The GUI and CLI are now capable of checking for an updated version of the software. If you’re using the GUI application select “Help->Check for updates”. Command-line users type “verapdf –version -v” to ensure you have the latest features and fixes.
Updated validation logic to comply with Technical Working Group resolutions:
- Color spaces are now validated when specified in the content stream
- A CMap may refer only to predefined CMaps in the ‘usecmap’ operator
- OpenType causes an ‘unsupported font type’ error in PDF/A-1 validation
Other conformance checker fixes and improvements:
- Fixed calculation of glyph widths for embedded CFF fonts in some special cases
- Fixed validation of digital signature ByteRange array
- Fixed recursive links of color spaces
- Fixed validation of spaces in the indirect object header
- Fixed Crypt filter handling
- Fixed misprint in ‘Lbl’ structure tag
- Added support for glyphs with CIDs > 65535 (with an appropriate validation. error)
- Fixed feature extraction from encrypted documents
- Added new test files based on Technical Working Group resolutions
- Fixed test file for digital signature validation
- Fixed test files for Extension Schema definitions in XMP
Other fixes and improvements are documented in the release notes: https://github.com/veraPDF/veraPDF-library/releases/latest
Help improve veraPDF
Testing and user feedback is key to improving the software. Please be sure you are using the latest release.
If you experience problems, or wish to suggest improvements, please add them to the project’s GitHub issue tracker: https://github.com/veraPDF/veraPDF-library/issues or contact us through our mailing list: http://lists.verapdf.org/listinfo/users.
User guides and documentation are published at: http://docs.verapdf.org/.
PREFORMA International Conference – Shaping our future memory standards
To find out more about the PREFORMA project and veraPDF, join us 11-12 October 2017 in Tallinn for PREFORMA’s International Conference. For more information see: http://finalconference.preforma-project.eu/.