veraPDF 0.12 now available
The veraPDF conformance checker for PDF/A, the project to create purpose-built, industry-accepted validation software and test files for all parts and conformance levels of PDF/A, has advanced to release 0.12.
This beta release includes improved PDF/A-2b and PDF/A-3b validation and a fully featured REST API.
- Conformance checker:
- PDF/A-2 and PDF-A/3 improvements: implement checks for optional content, JPEG2000 requirements
- full compliance with BFO test suite (PDF/A-2b)
- PDF/A-1b fix: check for form field appearance
- code refactoring to enable PDF model implementation via different PDF parsers
- performance and memory optimization
- Test corpus:
- full coverage of all predefined XMP properties
- Command line:
- the CLI now supports metadata fixing
- veraPDF-library project refactored into multiple projects
- PDF Box validator implementation in separate project
- Automated source packaging with dependencies