Version 9.4 of callas pdfToolbox is out now!
Berlin, 2 November 2017 – callas software, market leader for automated PDF quality control and archival solutions, today releases version 9.4 of pdfToolbox. The new update prepares support for the new ISO PDF standard (PDF 2.0), corrects problems identified by customers and introduces a number of smaller features to the preflight and correction engine in pdfToolbox.
The following is a list of the most important new features that have been integrated into callas pdfToolbox 9.4.
- pdfToolbox 9.4 introduces a number of internal changes to prepare support for the PDF 2.0 standard. PDF2.0 was published as a standard by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) in July 2017.
- A new “Insert pages” fixup allows inserting new empty pages or duplicating existing pages. A new preflight condition allows identifying objects with specific dimensions (for example to give an error only for objects exceeding a certain width or height).
- When working on different versions of preflight profiles, it’s often difficult to find out what exactly has changed. pdfToolbox 9.4 contains a “compare profiles” feature that can be used to easily highlight differences between profiles.
- The “Explore PDF” view has been improved to allow easier navigation through the internal code of a PDF document.
Curious about the other features in pdfToolbox 9.4?
Availability & pricing
callas pdfToolbox 9.4 is immediately available:
- The update to pdfToolbox 9.4 is free of charge for pdfToolbox 9 users. Note that you can keep your pdfToolbox 9 keys for this update.
- pdfToolbox Desktop for manual processing as a plug-in within Adobe Acrobat or standalone, starts at € 499. An upgrade from pdfToolbox 8 costs € 199 and an upgrade from pdfToolbox 7 costs € 299.
- pdfToolbox Server, CLI and SDK for fully automated, hands-off processing and integration in other solutions start at € 3 999. Upgrades to pdfToolbox Server 9.4 are included in the Support and Maintenance Agreement. Customers without an active maintenance agreement should contact their local reseller or Four Pees.
For further inquiries regarding availability, price, options or return on investment, please contact your local reseller or Four Pees via email@example.com. A fully functional time-limited trial version can be downloaded from the callas website (https://www.callassoftware.com/en/support/downloads).
About callas software
callas software finds simple ways to handle complex PDF challenges. As a technology innovator, callas software develops and markets PDF technology for publishing, print production, document exchange and document archiving. callas software helps agencies, publishing companies and printers to meet the challenges they face by providing software to preflight, correct and repurpose PDF files for print production and electronic publishing. Businesses and government agencies all over the world rely on callas software’s future-proof, fully PDF/A compliant archiving products. In addition, callas software technology is available as a programming library (SDK) for developers with a need for PDF optimization, validation and correction. Software vendors such as Adobe®, Quark®, Xerox® and many others have recognized the quality and flexibility provided by these callas tools and have incorporated them into their solutions.
callas software actively supports international standards and has been participating in DIN, ISO, CIP4, the European Color Initiative, the PDF Association. BITKOM and the Ghent Workgroup. In addition, callas software is a founding member of the PDF Association.
callas software is based in Berlin, Germany. For more information, visit the callas software website at: www.callassoftware.com.
T: +32 9 237 10 00