Michael Karbe is the local contact person for Germany. He is President of Actino Software GmbH and a PDF Association Member. The company is an entrepreneur of PDF-based solutions and provides unique tools for document processing since the early days of PDF.
Phone: +49 2251 14 80-20
Thomas Zellmann is managing director of the PDF Association and country sponsor for Germany. Thomas Zellmann is working in the banking/insurance and archives/libraries segments and is one of LuraTech’s shareholders.
Phone: +49 30 39 40 50 50
Members in Country
Over 50 companies from Germany are PDF Association members.
The PDF Association cooperates with international associations dealing with Document Management, Enterprise Content Management and long-term archiving. Cooperation Partner in Germany: VOI (Verband Organisations- und Informationssysteme e.V.)
Due to a lot of members in Germany, most materials are also available in German:
- Flyer of the PDF/A Competence Center
- The ‚PDF/A bible‘ PDF/A in a Nutshell
- The ‚PDF/UA bible‘ PDF/UA
- Lots of articles and general materials
DMS or PDF related Magazines
BIT is the official association magazine
Recommendations and legal requirements
- Standard eBilling based on the ISO Standard PDF/A as Document Format
- University of Potsdam stores documents on their publications server in PDF/A format
- File Delivery: German National Library prefers PDF/A
- Federal Government Coordination and Advisory Agency for IT in the Federal Administration assesses PDF/A-1
- PDF/A for long-term archiving in MoReq2
The major trade shows in the document management area are CeBIT in Hanover in spring and DMS EXPO in Stuttgart in fall. New event since 2014 is the ECM World in Düsseldorf where PDF Association had a booth at this first conference. Please check the Events page for current activities.