As the US District Courts move to requiring PDF/A formatted documents for e-filling, many questions are arising from users in the various districts. The US District Court of Oregon has provided a list of frequently asked questions about PDF/A on its website.
Some of the topics covered include:
- What do I need to create PDF/A documents?
- What is PDF/A?
- Why does the judiciary need to move to PDF/A for its CM/ECF documents?
- When will the District of Oregon require that all documents filed in CM/ECF be in PDF/A format?
- Which PDF/A format should filers use: 1a or 1b?
- Should I Select RGB or CMYK When Publishing to PDF/A?
- How are PDF/A documents created?
- How does the PDF/A requirement affect Mac users?
Country of Origin: United States
Source: US District Court of Oregon