PDF/A is the PDF for long-term archiving. PDF/A – which was adopted at the end of 2005 – is the first file format which, since it is an ISO standard, guarantees that documents created today will also be able to be opened and used in the future. ‘PDF/A in a Nutshell’ allows the user to take a look behind the scenes of the standard and provides practical instructions on generating PDF/A that conforms with the stipulations of the standard in his or her working environment. This book also serves as a comprehensive introduction to a subject matter that is still very new as well as providing practical examples for different software tools and industry solutions able to generate and work with PDF/A.
Extracts from the content of the book:
- Why PDF/A?
- The PDF/A-1a and PDF/A-1b conformity levels
- PDF/A with Acrobat 8 Professional
- Archive PDFs from Microsoft Office 2003 and 2007
- Scanning documents to create PDF/A and applying
- text recognition
- High-volume PDF/A creation
- Validating PDF/A
- Accessible PDF/A documents
- Future-proof contracts
- Forms in PDF/A
- Fonts and images in PDF/A
- Reliable colors on monitors and when printing