The PDF Competence Center is dedicated to providing articles, webinars, conferences, discussions and resources to assist developers in creating software to comply with ISO 32000, the International Standard for the Portable Document Format (PDF).
- Self-contained, totally portable across platforms
- Tremendous flexibility and power in representing documents and forms
- Easy to create using hundreds or thousands of independent implementations
- May be secured for distribution and protection
- May be authenticated with digital signatures
- May include semantics to assist in content reuse and accessibility
- The non-proprietary, democratically-managed, globally-accepted de facto standard for electronic documents