(Bochum, Germany, July 9, 2012) – This week, Soft Xpansion has unveiled the new version of its PDF program Perfect PDF Premium. Version 8 is available in English, French, Italian and German as download version.
For new customers of the Perfect PDF family, the recommended retail price of the program is 79,99 Euros. For upgrades from previous versions, prices start at 39,99 Euros. This means that users of previous versions save up to 50 percent.
Among the most important new features of Perfect PDF 8 Premium are the comparison of pairs of PDF files, the image editor that helps to change and optimize images from within the PDF file, PDF profiles to create PDF/A 1a and 1b files automatically, the Microsoft SharePoint interface, additional features to edit texts and the seamless integration into the 64-bit version of Microsoft Office.
THE NEW FEATURES IN DETAIL
1. New and Expanded PDF Features
* PDF portfolios: creation and processing, import from layout template files (NAV format)
* Annotations: Improved tools for creating, processing, playing of media data; creation of 3D scenes as annotations
* Font substitution for non-embedded fonts
* Support of embedded ICC profiles
* Automated PDF/A conversion with the help of profiles
* Management of trusted identities
2. New Service Functionality and Tools
* Significantly improved performance for loading and display of PDF files
* Compare PDF files: find similar pages and differences on each document page
* Built-in image editing and optimization for the images in PDF documents
* Extended text editing functionality: text block formatting, standard text processing operations for mouse and keyboard
* Shape editor and shape templates
* Powerful Word-like tool for object processing (rotate, resize, move, etc.)
* Extended batch processing: export to XPS, as images, as plain text
* Extended search tool: search in embedded files, in document properties, in bookmarks and in annotations
* Pan and zoom tool
* SharePoint integration
* Integration into the 64-bit version of Microsoft Office 2010
A trial version is available on the Soft Xpansion product page on the web. This version is complete as far as the functionality is concerned. However, it includes a watermark (“Soft Xpansion”) on all PDF file pages that are displayed, created or edited with the program.
Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 / R2, x86 and x64 platforms supported; Hardware: Windows compatible PC, 60 MB HDD; Microsoft Office integration: Microsoft Office 2010 (x86 and x64) / 2007 / 2003; Internet Explorer integration: Internet Explorer 6 to 9; Firefox integration: Firefox 3 to 13;
Internet access or e-mail address (required for product activation)
ABOUT SOFT XPANSION
Soft Xpansion is a globally active, international team of software writers, developers, screen designers, engineers and product managers. The company was founded in 1995 and is headquartered in Bochum, Germany. Its product range includes solutions (standard software, developer libraries, software development kits, individual programming and freeware) in the core areas PDF Technology and Document Management. In the past 17 years, more than 200 software products have been published in more than 200 different editions. Localized versions of Soft Xpansion products are sold in Germany, Great Britain, France, Italy, the USA, the Benelux countries, the Ukraine, Spain, Russia, Portugal, Australia and Turkey. More information on the company is available at http://www.soft-xpansion.com. Soft Xpansion is a full member of the PDF Association, http://www.pdfa.org.
Soft Xpansion GmbH & Co. KG
D-44789 Bochum, Germany
Phone: +49 234 298 41 73
Fax: +49 234 298 41 72
Producer: soft Xpansion GmbH & Co. KG