ABBYY’s intelligent OCR (optical character recognition) software for converting scans, PDFs and digital photographs into searchable and editable documents.
Features for PDF conversion and archiving:
- Saving to Searchable PDF
- Pre-Defined Profiles for Saving PDF Files (Best quality, Compact size, Balanced)
- Saving to PDF/A for Long-Term Archiving
- Saving to Different Types of PDF (Text under image, Text over image, Text and pictures, Image only)
- MRC Compression for Sharing and Archiving PDFs
Provides up to 80%* smaller file size than the previous version with virtually no quality degradation.
- PDF Outline Creation
Automatically reconstructs PDF outlines for more comfortable navigating and reading of the PDF document.
- Comprehensive PDF Processing
Processes any type of PDF, even scanned files without a text layer (image only PDFs) and files with non-standard encoding.
- Saving as Tagged PDF Documents
Tagged PDFs are optimized for handheld and screen-reader devices. In this format, text is automatically reformatted to fit the current screen size.
- Creates PDF Files Accessible for Visually Impaired Users
ABBYY FineReader converts documents in searchable PDF files, thus making paper documents and photographed texts accessible for people with visual impairments.
- Document Properties Extraction
While converting PDF files, ABBYY FineReader can extract the following type of metadata: title, subject, author, and key words.
- Detection of Internal Links and Hyperlinks in PDF
Retains internal links and hyperlinks in output documents.
* According to internal ABBYY testing. Accuracy and formatting results can vary depending on factors such as document quality and scanner settings.
ABBYY FineReader is available in different editions with various licensing options.